This recipe from bakerella.com provides a flavor-filled break from the summer sun. Nothing beats creamy banana pudding, served cold on a hot summer day. With fresh banana slices, it is sure to provide some solid nutrition for the kids. Check out the recipe and cooking directions below.
1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 1/2 cups cold water
1 (3.5 ounce) package instant pudding and pie filling
2 cups (1 pint) whipped cream, whipped*
36 vanilla wafers
3 medium bananas, sliced and dipped in lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and water.
- Add pudding mix and beat until well blended.
- Chill 5 minutes in refrigerator.
- Fold in whipped topping. (Do this slowly and as few times as you possible to combine, so the mixture will retain its thickness.)
- Spoon 1 cup pudding mixture into 2 1/2 quart glass serving bowl.
- Top with 1/3 each of wafers, bananas and pudding. Repeat twice.
- Garnish as desired.
- Chill thoroughly. Refrigerate any leftovers.