I love tacos, and I love casseroles. Now I can have both with this tasty recipe from yumm.com. There is nothing like cutting into layers upon layers of deliciousness, and giving your taste buds the roller coaster ride of their life. Check out the ingredients and easy-to-follow cooking directions below.
- 1 lb ground skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 c onions, chopped
- 1/2 c bell peppers, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- 8 ozs taco sauce
- 1 c fat-free sour cream
- 1 c fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 c low-fat tortilla chips, whole or broken up
- 1 c low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 c salsa
- Heat oven to 400. Spray cooking spray on bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish; set aside. In a
- skillet, cook chicken, onion, peppers, and garlic clove until tender. Add seasoning mix and taco
- sauce; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese; set aside. Place
- half the broken chips in the bottom of casserole dish. Add meat mixture to cover the chips, then
- cover the meat with sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining crushed chips.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until cheese has melted. Top with 3/4 cup salsa if desired.
- Makes 8 (1 Cup Servings)
- Nutritional Info Per Serving:
- 287 Calories; 4g Fat; 25g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 43mg Cholesterol; 2g Fiber;