Salads recipes may be the most subjective of the food world–and that’s a good thing! The great thing about salads is their flexibility. Toss in your favorite veggies, dressings, and anything else you can think of for a wholesome and tasty meal. Today, we bring you this delicious Cobb Salad recipe from wholeliving.com. Check out the ingredients and cooking directions below.
- 1 boneless and skinless chicken breast half
- 2 large eggs
- 3 slices turkey bacon
- 1 head romaine lettuce, stalk and tough outer leaves removed, sliced crosswise into 3/4-inch-wide strips (about 6 cups)
- 1 cup chopped fresh watercress
- 3 tomatoes, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 small ripe Hass avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add chicken; cook at a bare simmer until it is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes; set aside.
- Place eggs in a small saucepan; fill with enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; turn off heat. Cover; let stand 11 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl, and cover with cold water; let cool, and peel. Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Discard one yolk, and pass the other through a fine sieve into a small bowl; set aside. Slice each egg white into six wedges; set aside.
- Cook bacon in a medium saute pan over medium-low heat until browned and fat is rendered, turning once, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to drain on paper towels. Let cool; roughly chop.
- Spread lettuce on a serving platter. Arrange chicken, eggs, bacon, watercress, tomatoes, avocado, parsley, and chives in separate rows.
- Make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together cheese, vinegar, and mustard. Slowly whisk in the oil. Season with pepper. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, and serve immediately.