Ready to shape up that summer body? That commitment often involves choosing ‘healthy’ over ‘tasty’. But let I’m Proud of My Kids help you keep the ‘tasty’ while still enjoying the ‘healthy’. Check out the ingredients and cooking directions for this all-inclusive salad that will be sure to not only keep your hips looking pretty, but also keep your taste buds happy .
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large firm-ripe mangoes (2 lbs. total)
- 2 medium firm-ripe avocados (1 lb. total)
- 2/3 cup each thinly sliced green onion and chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh hot red or green chile (or 1/2 tsp. dried red chile flakes)
- 1 pound (70 to 110 per lb.) peeled cooked shrimp
1) In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, and sugar until sugar dissolves
2) Dice mangoes and avocados into 3/4-in. cubes; add to bowl. Add green onion, cilantro, chile, and shrimp. Mix gently. Serve or cover and chill for up to 1 hour.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.